Friday, July 31, 2009

Seminar Penyelidikan Pendidikan Teknikal & Vokasional



Well... finally I am back from my presentation for Seminar Penyelidikan Pendidikan Teknikal & Vokasional from 28 to 29 July 2009. It was a great experience for me to gain more knowledge about the technical and vocational education in Malaysia. I registered alone in Institut Pendidikan Guru Malaysia (IPGM) Kampus Pendidikan Teknik, Kuala Lumpur in the early morning of 28 July. Then, I was informed that my presentation was the last one in the first hall. Meant that have to sit there for the whole day to wait for my 20 minutes presentation. But I could see the difference between the way to handle and implement the seminar between polytechnic and IPGM. I like the way they organized this seminar and I prefer to be like this also. Oh...nice to meet Dr. Yee (first from the right) and Dr. Asha (second from the left) especially after long time we email to each other and that was the great chance to meet these academic heroes.


My topic for this presentation more related to the identification of the pedagogycal content knowledge among the Engineering Mathematics lecturers in Polytechnic of Kuching Sarawak. I could see how interested they were in my topic based on the way they looked at me. How happy I am to have these audiences that really paid attention on my talk compared to my last experience. Some of them were my last fans in Kuantan and happy to meet them again. During the seminar, got to know few new friends from other polytechnics and we exchanged a lot our experience. It is my pleasure to have the presenters and friends in IPGM Kampus Pendidikan Teknik, Kuala Lumpur. Thanks to Izam's family for providing the accomodation for two nights and thanks for bringing me jalan-jalan at Tesco.